1. Tutoring, Study Skills Training, Instruction, and Dropout Prevention activities that lead to completion of a high school diploma or recognized equivalent.
2. Alternative Secondary School and Dropout Recovery Services assist youth who have struggled in traditional secondary education or who have dropped out of school.
3. Paid and Unpaid Work Experience is a structured learning experience in a workplace and provides opportunities for career exploration and skill development; the work experience definition includes summer employment, pre-apprenticeship, internships, job shadows and on-the-job training opportunities.
4. Occupational Skills Training is an organized program of study that provides specific skills and leads to proficiency in an occupational field.
5. Education Offered Concurrently with Workforce Preparation is an integrated education and training model combining workforce preparation, basic academic skills, and occupational skills.
6. Leadership Development Opportunities encourage responsibility, confidence, employability, self-determination, and other positive social behaviors.
7. Supportive Services enable an individual to participate in WIOA activities. Examples include assistance with transportation, books, work-clothing, tools, childcare, legal aid services and other supports. Service providers should establish linkages with entities that can provide non-WIOA funded supportive services.
8. Adult Mentoring is a formal relationship between a youth and an adult mentor with structured activities where the mentor offers guidance, support, and encouragement.
9. Follow-up Services are provided following program exit to help ensure youth succeed in employment or education.
10. Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling provides individualized counseling to participants, including drug/alcohol and mental health counseling.
11. Financial Literacy Education provides youth with the knowledge and skills they need to achieve long-term financial stability.
12. Entrepreneurial Skills Training provides the basics of starting and operating a small business and develops entrepreneurial skills.
13. Services that Provide Labor Market Information offer employment and labor market information about in-demand industry sectors or occupations.
14. Postsecondary Preparation and Transition Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to postsecondary education and training.