Summer Youth Programs 2019
Workforce Solutions Borderplex is launching three youth summer employment initiatives for 2019; Hire El Paso Youth Work Program, Summer Earn & Learn, and the Texas Internship Challenge. In total, WSB has committed to subsidizing 100 Hire El Paso Youth summer jobs and 85 Summer Earn & Learn summer jobs for youth with disabilities at 100 percent (zero cost to employers).
Youth who participate in the program will attend a foundational skills boot camp to better prepare them prior to starting at their worksites.
For more information about how to enroll youth in the Summer Youth Programs: email us at StreetTeam@borderplexjobs.com or phone us at (915) 887-2600
For more information about how to get your BUSINESS enrolled: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at (915) 887-2332
Each program does the following:
- The Hire El Paso Work Program will subsidize 100 percent of a paid work experience for 100 youth between the ages of 16-24, for 20-40 hours a week and for up to 12 weeks.
- Summer Earn & Learn Program will subsidize 100 percent of the paid work experience for 85 youth with disabilities between the ages of 16-22, for 30 hours a week and for up to 7 weeks.
- The Texas Internship Challenge, a partnership between the Texas Workforce Commission, the Texas Education Agency and the Higher Education Coordinating Board, aims to increase and promote paid internships for students with Texas employers. **For employer participation in the Texas Internship Challenge, employers must commit to covering the costs for the internships.
TOTAL OF 185 youth positions are being subsidized by Workforce Solutions Borderplex for the 2019 Summer Youth program employment season.
- 100 for the Hire El Paso Work Program
- 85 for the Summer Earn & Learn Program
This program accomplishes the following:
- Impactful employment programs that put regional youth to work
- Provides first-time, real job experience
- Sets youth on a path to be successful and workforce-ready
Who is eligible for these programs:
Hire El Paso Summer Youth Program:
- Authorized to Work in US
- Be between 16-24 years of age
- Income Guidelines Apply
Summer Earn & Learn Program:
- Authorized to Work in US
- Be between 16-22 years of age
- Receive Assistance Under Special Education Disability Act
- An Individual with a Disability Under Section 504 Rehabilitation Act
- Must Face an Economic Barrier
Texas Internship Challenge
The Texas Internship Challenge, a partnership between the Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Education Agency and The Higher Education Coordinating Board, is aimed to increase and promote paid internships for students with Texas employers. In this case, the employers will commit to covering the costs for internships.
- Post internship descriptions
- Conduct candidate searches
- Receive and review resumes
- Contact internship seekers
- Create and post resumes
- Conduct internship searches
- Apply for positions
- Schedule interviews
Employers and youth, to get started visit: TXInternshipChallenge.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAMS PLEASE CONTACT US AT:
And BUSINESSES who would like to host a youth for the summer - contact us at (915) 887-2332 or email@example.com